D.N. Fernandes, CPA
Who is D.N. Fernandes?
Denise N. Fernandes, CPA
- Founder and 100% owner of D.N. Fernandes, CPA, PC
- Graduate of Howard University School of Business and
Public Administration with a concentration in
- Certified Public Accountant* since 1985, originally
licensed in the states of New York and New Jersey. Licensed
in Virginia since 1996.
- Over thirty-one years of public and private
accounting experience, including now "Big Four"
public accounting firm training
- Private accounting background includes experience with a
major travel and financial services company and a NY
publishing entity in the areas of accounting, financial
reporting and financial control
- Current client base includes health care professionals,
real estate entities, consultants, contractors and a
variety of other closely-held businesses.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public
Accountants (AICPA), National Association of Tax
Practitioners (NATP), Accountants Society of Virginia (ASV)
- Hobbies include yoga (certified
instructor), bike riding and sewing
*What is a
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and what can we do for
A CPA is an accounting professional licensed by the
state board of accountancy who has demonstrated
competence by passing a rigorous examination covering the
various areas of the accounting practice and has fulfilled
work experience and continuing education requirements.
As a member of your financial team, we can provide the
expertise necessary to ensure that you satisfy all of your
record keeping and reporting needs while offering you sound
management advice. Let us fulfill your accounting needs
while you focus on running your business!